Welcome to Soap Making School
Teaching and Making Soap Since 1997
- Join the Soap Making Revolution with Soap Making School
- Learn to craft Palm Oil-Free Soap and elevate your self-care game
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step videos for Cold Process, Hot Process, Liquid Soap, Cream Soap, and Transparent Soap
- Lifetime membership for access to all exclusive content and updates
- Create ethical, eco-friendly palm oil-free soap
- Personalize your self-care routine with our chakra products
- Enroll now and elevate your self-care game!
Soap Making School Online Courses
Welcome to the ultimate destination for soap and self-care product making!
Soap Making School is your one-stop solution for all your online video soap making courses and self-care product making needs.
Our videos and recipes are exclusive, providing you with a unique learning experience that you won’t find anywhere else. Plus, with Soap Making School, you get to learn at your own pace, and your membership never runs out, giving you the freedom to master your craft without any time restrictions.
Don’t get overwhelmed with conflicting information on the internet when it comes to soap and self-care product making. We understand how stressful it can be when you’re just starting out, and that’s why we offer real, proven recipes and easy-to-follow, step-by-step techniques through our online classes.
With Soap Making School, you’ll save time and money by learning from the best in the industry, creating high-quality products that you can be proud of. So, why wait? Join our community of passionate students and unleash your creativity today!
Take your time and work at your own pace. There is no rush.
I have students from 13 years ago still working their way through the videos, asking questions, keeping in touch, sending pictures. It’s always great to hear from them and help them when they need it.
Soap making and self care product creation is such a great craft to learn.
Each of the videos comes with a recipe and information you’ll need to make the products. You can customize all of the products in these videos and make them your own.
With members from all over the world, there are so many ways you can change ingredients and make products from locally sourced ingredients.
I encourage you to use the videos and the recipes as a launch pad and create your own signature products.
See what our students are saying about us...
“I learnt to make cold process soap some years ago now but always had difficulty getting certain fragrances to stick & had many differing versions on the amount of water to use.
I actually only wanted to purchase the Hot process soap making, but ended up purchasing the full course instead.
So glad that I did, as I did not realise what a wealth of information was going to be available to me.
And for the first time in my life, I am happy with the outcome of my hot process soap which I had always avoided after trying it once or twice and never having had good results.
So far, I have made a Goats milk & lemon Myrtle Hot process and the Rooibos tea and Vanilla one.
They are just wonderful and were ready to use in a few days. I think I will now make many more of the HP soaps instead of the CP ones.
I am most impressed and the formula for finding the correct water amount is easily understandable, once I actually looked at the formula & worked it through. “
– Carmel Leonard
Really Natural Skin Care
Available Courses from Soap Making School
Meet The Teacher
I’m Rene Whitlock, the passionate founder of Soap Making School. With over 23 years of teaching experience and 12 years of online presence, Soap Making School has grown faster than I could ever have imagined.
Soap making is not just my job, it’s my lifelong passion. Since I first started in 1997, I’ve been constantly pushing myself to experiment with new soap-making methods that challenge the status quo. My curiosity has led me to create unique, logical, and simplified techniques that are easy to understand and replicate. If I can’t find a better way to do something, I’ll invent one myself!
At Soap Making School, we pride ourselves on supporting sustainable practices. We advocate for palm oil-free soap making and even sponsor orphaned orangutans through the Orangutan Foundation International. When you join our community, you become part of a movement that cares about the environment and the world around us.
So, if you’re ready to embark on a journey of creativity and self-discovery, come join us! Let me share my expertise and enthusiasm with you and help you unleash your inner soap-making guru. Together, we’ll create amazing products and build a brighter future.
See you in class!
What is Soap Making School?
Soap Making School is self paced online courses. You can take your time and work at your own pace. There’s no rush.
There are 8 courses to choose from:
If you are confused with all the information on soap making that is roaming around the internet and you’re ready to learn Soap and Self Care Products from a professional who has been in the business for over 25 years, and get all your questions answered, go ahead and check out all the courses!
Who is Soap Making School for?
More Information on our Featured Class
Featuring Our Certificate Course:
Complete Soap and Self Care Product Making Online Course
This is our most popular course.
It includes Cold Process, Hot Process, Liquid Soap, Cream Soap making, make your own glycerin soap base, Skin Care, hair care, self care products and much more.
There are over 78 videos, with more to come.
There is almost 12 hours of videos to help you with every step .
There is so much conflicting information on line with regards to soap and self care product making.
It can be quite stressful when you are starting out.
It’s hard to know where to turn for real information.
Soap Making School online soap making classes has the solution.
Save time and money by creating real, proven recipes and using easy to follow,
step by step techniques shown through many of the available videos.
What Do We Learn in Soap Making School's Complete Package Course:
- Soap Making Safety pdf
- Equipment you will need pdf
- Recycled Soap Mold pdf and video
- Cold Process Soap Making Guide pdf
- Indigo Soap Making pdf and video
- Indigo Soap cutting video
- Packaging your Soap video
- Quebracho Rosemary Mint Soap pdf and video
- Quebracho Rosemary Mint Soap cutting video
- Wine and Beer Cold Process Soap making pdf and video
- Organic Goat’s Milk Soap pdf and video
The first project we take on is Cold Process Soap making.
This is the beginning and foundation of all the other soap making techniques.
Find out more about Cold Process Soap Making here.
Each product that you will be making in Soap Making School, comes from my exclusive collection of recipes that I have developed over the last 24 years.
During your time at Soap Making School,
you will work your way through many soap and self care product videos.
The first cold process soap is a detailed step by step video and instruction guide for making a batch of Indigo Blue Soap. The soap is actually colored with natural Indigo.
Along with making a batch of soap , you will also be able to make a recycled Mold. It’s easy and there is a video for this too. In fact, EVERYTHING that you will be making in Soap Making School is presented to you through detailed soap making videos.
- Soap Making Safety pdf
- Equipment you will need pdf
- Hot Process Soap Making Guide pdf
- Lime Soap Making pdf and video
- Lime Soap cutting video
- Chocolate and Silk Soap making pdf and video
- Chocolate and Silk Soap cutting
- Make your own soap recipes pdf and video
- Fix Your Messed up batch of soap pdf and video
- Chunk Soap Making pdf and video
- Rooibos Tea Soap Making pdf and video
- Non milled soap making pdf and video
- Beer and wine hot process soap making pdf and video
- Conditioning Shampoo Bar pdf and video
Once we have made a few different batches of cold process soap, we move into Hot Process Soap Making Classes.
This is where the real fun and creativity begins. The rules change and all of those ingredients that don’t survive the chemical reaction of cold process soap are now available through hot process soap making. Hot process is NOT melt and pour and it is NOT rebatching.
Learn more about the hot process soap making method here.
Hot Process Soap Making takes the cold process method a bit further and you accelerate the chemical reaction before you add all of those wonderful oils and natural colors.
You will be shown how to make several batches of hot process soap, such as African Rooibos Tea Soap, Chocolate and Silk Soap, and Pure Lime Soap.
You will then learn how to make your own recipes and how to fix batches of soap that have no hope. Again, this is all on video.
- Soap Making Safety pdf
- Liquid Soap Making Guide pdf
- Coconut Liquid Soap making pdf and video
- Completed Coconut Liquid Soap video
- Olive Oil Liquid soap making pdf and video
- Olive oil liquid soap next day video
- Soy liquid soap making pdf and video
- Almond Oil Liquid soap making pdf and video
- Hemp Seed oil liquid soap making pdf and video
- How to make your liquid soap clear video
- Chamomile Hand Soap pdf and video
Then it’s time to move on to liquid soap making.
Here is where we begin making pure cleaning products, amazing shampoos and face washes too.
All without Sodium Laureth Sulphate, or any other detergent or harsh chemicals.
The money you will save on laundry detergent alone will make you very happy you learned soap making.
Learn more about the natural liquid soap making method here.
- Melt and Pour Soap Base making pdf and video
- Using your melt and pour soap base to create soap bars video
Glycerine Melt and Pour Base Soap Making
Make Cream Soap Base
- Cream Soap making pdf and video
- Cream Soap facial cleanser
- Cream Soap facial scrub
- Cream Soap Shaving Cream
- Making Herbal Oils pdf and video
- Making herbal extracts video
- Dark Chocolate Massage Bars pdf and video
- White Chocolate massage bars pdf and video
- Aura Mist and Room Mist pdf and video
other Interesting Products
- Bath Bombs the wrong way video
- Bath Bombs the right way pdf and video
- Bolivian Mountain Bath Buzz pdf and video
- Making Bath Tea bags video
- Lavender Mint Bath Tea pdf and video
- Green Tea and Roses Bath Tea pdf and video
- Chamomile and Ylang Ylang Bath tea pdf and video
- Vanilla Bath Melties pdf and video
- Chakra Salts pdf and video
- Buttermilk Bath pdf and video
- Spa Salt pdf and video
- Grapefruit Vanilla Bath Oil pdf and video
You will also be able to see how to make bath bombs. I will show you what your bath bomb mix SHOULD look like and I will also make a batch to show you how NOT to make the bath bomb batch. All on video.
You’ll be introduced to essential oils.
This is just the beginning.
- Shampoo pdf and video
- Hair Peace mineral hair mask pdf and video
- Hair Peace mineral hair mask packaging video
- Weekly intensive hair conditioner pdf and video
- Daily hydrating hair conditioner pdf and video
- Dry Shampoo pdf and video
- Facial Cleanser pdf and video
- Mocha Bubble body sugar pdf and video
- Shaving cream pdf and video
- Cream soap facial cleanser pdf and video
- Goji Berry Body Scrub pdf and video
- Coconut Lime Body Sugar pdf and video
- Microdermabrassion pdf and video
- Night time facial serum pdf and video
- Natural Laundry Soap pdf and video
- Scrubbing Bubbles all purpose cleaner
Masks and Scrubs
- Cream Soap face scrub pdf and video
- Chocolate face mask pdf and video
- Oily and acne prone face mask pdf and video
- Sensitive skin face mask pdf and video
- Vegan lip balm pdf and video
- Lime lip balm pdf and video
- Chocolate lip balm pdf and video
- Detox Foot Balm pdf and video
Butters and Balms
- Lotion making pdf and video
- Dancing Feet foot lotion pdf and video
- Hibiscus Day Cream pdf and video
- Old fashioned cold cream pdf and video
- Make your own lotion test kits pdf and video
- Testing your products part 2 pdf and video
- Final look at the test batch video
- 4 element tea lights pdf and video
- 4 element tea lights packaging video
- Lemon Verbena Candles video
Please watch all of the videos in order. You learn certain Soap Making Skills as you go along.
You don’t have to make all the products, but at least watch the videos so you are familiar with the steps.
I put the classes together so that you can develop your skills little by little.
By the time you get to the Liquid Soap Making Videos, you will be comfortable with all the steps. You will know what to look for because you have developed your Soap Making techniques and are ready.
- Each video is step by step and detailed.
- These recipes are all created by a soap teacher who has been in the business for over 24 years.
- Each step is explained thoroughly, but if you need better clarification, I am available for you through email.
- Soap Making School is on line soap making videos that teach you the different soap making methods and skin care recipes, all through on-line videos.
- Several Soap Making School Members have gone on to create their own Soap Making Businesses.